Sunday, July 7, 2019

Glacier - Waterton National Park



Back at Many Glacier Hotel!
Hidden Lake at Logan Pass
Ilsa with her horse Mongo

By: Ilsa R

After our visit to Missoula, we drove to Glacier National Park. Being in Glacier reminded me of home because of the similar plants, animals and mountains. We drove Going-to-the-Sun Road and went on a hike to Hidden Lake. On the way down, Lars and I did a lot of glissading on the snow. We swam in Lake McDonald after the hike, which felt really good! We were in a few campsites in Glacier National Park before we landed at Many Glacier Hotel.  Almost 30 years ago, my mom worked at Many Glacier Hotel as a waitress. Once we got there we went on a short hike that was 5 miles and pretty much right after, my mom and I went horseback riding. In the morning, we went to a huge breakfast buffet which had all the breakfast food you could imagine! That same morning, we drove to Waterton (the Canada side of the National Park). Later in the afternoon we rented bikes and biked around the town. At the bike shop they had a specific bike called a Surrey Bike. A Surrey Bike is basically a car and 2 bikes put together. It had a steering wheel and a lever that you pulled down as brakes. Lars and I were able to drive in the road with it and I felt like I was driving a car!
Biking in Waterton
The Surrey Bike - huge hit with the kids

1 comment:

  1. So very cool and very awesome!!! Wish I was there!! Thanks sooooo much for sharing this!!!!

    ReplyDelete