Thursday, April 11, 2019

On the Road!

 Spending time with my grandparents was great. We tried to go swimming in their pool but the water was way too cold for me - my sister was able to, though. Kiska (our chocolate lab) had lots of fun in the sun... she just loves the water as well! I also went to my uncle Brady and aunt Danielle's house and we went swimming there as well (the pool was a lot warmer)! Leaving was very hard... I wish I could stay but then what is the point of a road trip if you're not driving on the road? The Grand Canyon was-once again-beautiful with the amazing views and the leisurely hikes down into the canyon. Sadly Kiska can't come on the hikes in the Grand Canyon but she is having lots of fun at the campground!
By:Lars

It was hard to leave our grandparents house because we were having so much fun! We went to a railroad park and got to ride on a mini train and that was a really cool experience! I went swimming in my grandparents' cold pool on a super hot 90º day with my new mermaid tail that I got for my birthday! Life feels so great on a trip when you are just laying in the warm sun... I wish every day could be like this. My Grandma and Grandpa have so many bowls of candy and chocolate around their house.  My favorite candies would probably be Reeces Peanut Butter Cups, Jelly Beans, Root Beer Barrels, Peanut Butter M&M's, and Malted Balls! We also visited our Aunt and Uncle and their three adorable puppies that were super tiny.
To be honest, I am mostly excited to get on the road and start driving with my chocolate lab who loves to snuggle up on you. She is super sweet when she is tired so I cannot wait to be with her. The picture up above is a photo that my Grandma took of me, Lars, and Kiska in the the back seat as we were driving out of her driveway... we put sun glasses on her that looked hilarious!!!
By:Ilsa  

Our first night camping in the Scamp, at the Grand Canyon... elk at the campsite.

9 comments:

  1. Happy for Y'all and Envious of Y'all! Keep us posted:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great trip. Very well written!! Love the pic with the camper - looks like it's straight out of Chevy Chase's "Family Vacation"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lars and Ilsa

    Love the blog! Seems like the trip is off to a great start, and to think it is just the beginning. Enjoy the time and I will keep watching for your updates here.

    Uncle Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  4. We know you made it to Page Arizona; and hoping you are enjoying some water trips. Can't wait to see your next
    blog! Love to all! ~ Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOOOOVE goblin valley! I'm so glad you guys are getting to see all these cool places. Sooo jealous! - Maria (and brian, and our new puppy, GIZA!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goblin Valley was always one of my favorites. Hoodoos are awesome! It's fun knowing how they were made! Great write-ups Lars and Ilsa! Makes us feel as if we are there with you!
    Can't wait for next installment!! Hugs! Grandma Rae Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way cool to visit Canyonlands which was one of our favorite destinations! Our family went there in 1979 (your Dad was 9 years old). We traveled by Jeep to Elephant Hill, Silver Stairs, SOB Hill, OMG Corner, and had a great time playing in the quicksand!!! The Moab bike ride sounded awesome!
    Love the great write-ups! Lots of Love ~ Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the updates Lars and Ilsa! Sounds like you all are having a wonderful adventure! We miss you all in Alaska :)
    All the Beesleys

    ReplyDelete